Sunday, January 2, 2011

English Conversations #1 - Meeting New People

Here you will find a typical English conversation when people meet each other for the first time.

The first conversation takes place at a house party.

A - "Hello, I don't think we've met."
B - "Hi, I'm Rachael."
A - "I'm Paul. So, are you one of Mark's friends?"
B - "I know his girlfriend very well, I used to go to school with her."
A - "And what do you do?"
B - "I'm a photographer. I mainly photograph weddings and events. What about you?"
A - "I work at the local hospital, in administration. I'm trying to save up to go travelling to South America."
B - "I went there last year, it's fantastic. Wow, this is great. Where in South America do you want to visit?"
A - "Everywhere!"

The second conversation takes place on the first day of university in class in Leeds.

A - "Hello, what's your name?"
B - "Hi, I'm Sonita. And you are..?"
A - "I'm Paul. So, where are you from?"
B - "I'm from Sheffield, it's not too far from here. What about you?"
A - "I'm from London, things are a little different here!"
B - "Do you like it so far?"
A - "Yeah, I really like it. It's only been a week but I've met a lot of people. Did you go to the freshers party?"
B - "I did. It was a lot of fun. Are you excited about the new course?"
A - "Very much so. Although I feel it's going to be hard."

The third conversation is when Caroline meets her boyfriend's parents for the first time


A - "Mum, dad, this is Caroline."
B - "Very nice to meet you Caroline, I've heard a lot about you."
C - "Nice to meet you to."
B - "How was your trip?"
A - "It was fine."
B - "Well let me take your coat. Would you like something to drink?"
A - "That would be great. Thank you."


Now it's time for practise. Use these conversations for reading practice and use them in roleplays. Try and make some similar conversations.

5 comments:

  1. When i read this post its very information about English Conversation This tips is very useful for me and I will share it to my friends keep posting English conversation

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time, we got the following crossword puzzle clue : Two-person conversation that also known as Two-person conversation 9 letters . First, we gonna look for more hints to the Two-person conversation crossword puzzle . Then we will collect all the require information and for solving Two-person conversation crossword . In the final, we get all the possible answers for the this crossword puzzle definition.


    ReplyDelete
  3. hay my name is resid seid and my techer gives us assighment to wright dialog between between 3 freind so woud you mind please show mw the link that lead me to the website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete